We are grateful for the support of both public media and scholarly journals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to interview our founder or program participants for your next publication or broadcast. Thank you for spreading the word about us!
Books and professional journals
- Chonody, Jill. “Community Art: Creative Approaches to Practice.” 2014.
- Fleisher, Barbara and Reese, Thelma. “The New Senior Woman: Reinventing the Years Beyond Mid-Life.” 2013.
- Chonody, Jill and Wang, Donna. “Connecting older adults to the community through multimedia: An intergenerational reminiscence program.” Professional Journal of Activities, Adaptation, and Aging. 2012.
Television, radio and podcasts
- WSEE-TV (CBS) and WICU-TV (NBC). Erie News Now: “Senior Storytelling Program.” September 22, 2017. http://www.erietvnews.com/story/36432075/senior-storytelling?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Erie_News_Now_-_Your_News_Team
- ABC News: “Art of Aging: Best Day of My Life.” http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=9515045
- eCare Diary’s “Empowering Family Caregivers” Radio Program. “Multi-Media Storytelling Project Connecting Seniors with Younger Generations.” http://www.ecarediary.com/nesconset/Radioshowarchives.aspx?RID=5
- WXPN Radio’s LIVE at the Writers House Radio Program. “Winners of the Leeway Grant.”
- Philadelphia Free Library of Philadelphia’s Author Events Series. “The Best Day of My Life So Far: Senior Storytelling Day.” http://libwww.freelibrary.org/podcast/?podcastID=606
Newspapers and magazines
- Paolino, Tammy. “Annual Event #BeforeIDie” is a Chance to Look Death in The Eye.” Courier Post Online. Oct 18, 2017.
- Shelly, Kevin. “#BeforeIDie 2017: A Chance to Talk about Dying Before It is Too Late.” Philly Voice. Oct 13, 2017.
- Scanlon, John. “With Age, Wisdom.” Courier Post Print Edition, Body + Spirit Front Page. Oct 9, 2017.
- Scanlon, John. “What is The Best Day of My Life So Far? – Extraordinary Moments: Seniors, Youth Share ‘Best Day of My Life (So Far).’” Courier Post Online, Oct 6, 2017. And, Detroit Free Press, Oct 6, 2017.
- GoErie.com. “Health Organization to Present Storytelling Program.” September 23, 2017. http://www.goerie.com/news/20170921/health-organization-to-present-storytelling-program
- Dodson, Maureen. Haddonfield Living Magazine. September 1, 2017. “The Best Day of My Life. So Far. Stories to Share.”
- Cain, Norman. “Multicultural Phialdelphia: Personal Reflections on Civil Rights.” Milestones Newspaper. February 2015.
- Abraham, Tony. “Story Pop Up Brings the Life Experiences of Philly Seniors into Neighborhoods.” Generocity.org. October 2014. http://www.generocity.org/story-pop-up-brings-the-life-experiences-of-philly-seniors-into-neighborhoods/
- Menio, Diane. “Secrets from The Best Day of My Life (So Far): A Call to Action.” American Society on Aging Blog. February 2014. http://www.asaging.org/blog/secrets-best-day-my-life-so-far-call-action
- PW Staff. “Design Philadelphia Celebrates the City’s Many Creative Talents.” Philadelphia Weekly. October 2012. http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/arts-and-culture/cover-story/design_for_a_new_philadelphia-173381031.html?page=2&comments=1&showAll
- Reese, Thelma. “A New Community Taking Wing.” Elderchicks Blog. February 2012. http://elderchicks.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/a-new-community-taking-wing-by-thelma-reese/
- Jennings, Becca. “The Next Generation: Senior Storytelling Group Expands to Involve Teens and More.” First Person Arts Blog. May 2012. http://firstpersonarts.org/blog/the-next-generation-senior-storytelling-group-expands-to-involve-teens-and-more/
- Foreshaw-Rouse, Angela. “AARP Introduces New Program for Area Teens and Seniors to Share Life Experiences.” AARP Press Release. June 2011. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/28/idUS160204+28-Jun-2011+BW20110628
- “University of Kansas Diversity Summit.” Online News Association Website. November 2011. http://journalists.org/event/university-of-kansas-diversity-summit/
- Garvin, Madi. “The Best Day So Far.” Philadelphia Corporation for Aging Update. Fall 2011. http://www.pcacares.org/Files/Update_Fall2011.pdf
- Siegal, Marcia. “Twin Storytellers are Part of Senior Storytelling Day” Milestones e-news. 2010. http://www.pcacares.org/Milestones_Main_Web_Details.aspx?story=903N7L1K25
- “Internet Café on Broad Street for Seniors.” September 2010. http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2010/09/22/5021203.htm
- Garcia-Barrio, Constance. “Inspired by Grandma, Architect Runs Writing Class for Seniors.” Milestones Newspaper. July 2010.
- Marder, Dianna. “The Best Day of My Life So Far: Seniors Telling Stories.” The Philadelphia Inquirer. June 2010. http://articles.philly.com/2010-06-22/news/24966657_1_stories-chiu-widow
- PCA Staff. http://www.pcacares.org/Files/MSjuly2010.pdf
- Leeway Staff. “Benita Cooper featured in the Philadelphia Inquirer!” Leeway Foundation Newsletter. June 2010.
- Flesher, Rudy. “Blog Spotlight: The Best Day of My Life So Far.” First Person Arts Blog. April 2010.
- Benita Cooper. “The Best Day of My Life (So Far).” Milestones e-news. 2009. http://www.pcacares.org/Milestones_Main_Web_Details.aspx?story=820Q50B28K24
- AARP Pennsylvania Program Grant
- The Deaconess Foundation Innovation Award
- Henrietta Tower Wurts Fund of Philadelphia Foundation
- Leeway Foundation Art and Change Grant
- Martek Biosciences & National Center for Creative Aging Beautiful Minds Finalist
- Philadelphia Cultural Fund Grant – Multiple Years
- The Philadelphia Foundation Donor Advised Fund
- Philadelphia Senior Center, Teacher of the Year Award – Multiple Years
- Union Benevolent Association and The Samuel S. Fels Fund